Now at User:Anno1405
<span id="header_watchlist"><a href="/wiki/Special:Watchlist" title="The list of pages you are monitoring for changes [l]" accesskey="l">Watchlist</a></span> <span> <button id="headerButtonUser" class="header-button color1">More<img src="/w/skins/monaco/style/images/blank.gif" /></button> </span>
<span> <button id="headerButtonUser" class="header-button color1"><?php echo trim(wfMsgHtml('moredotdotdot'), ' .') ?><img src="<?php $this->text('blankimg') ?>" /></button> </span>
quotes internal wikia
Internal wikia for staff and contractors:
The majority of users on wowwiki use a larger monitor size than the rest of Wikia so we are testing out using a larger content space there. 70% of visitors on WoWWiki have screen resolutions of 1440px wide and higher (vs. 25% across all wikia) and WoWWiki is the only wiki in the top 20 that has less than 10% of its audience on 1024x768. Because of these figures we're adjusting the content space there. As we have mentioned, through this entire process we will be continuing to assess the choices we have made, and make tweaks as needed.
October 21 by Susan Taylor @wikia
- ==Response from Wikia==
Hey all, wanted to take a minute to reply to this thread and let you know where Wikia stands on some of the issues mentioned by Jax above this part of the thread, partly because we do genuinely care about what happens with this community and want to keep you and also because honestly the above presentation of the issue is very one-sided. Thus, I would like to list out some reasons why we feel (and would like) the community should seriously consider staying on Wikia, for balance and let you all make an informed decision:
- Wikis cost a lot to host, a lot more than anyone surmises they will. On Wikia, you get the option to not see ads if you are logged in (which I doubt will be an option for a new wiki). Yes, ads are never a favorite of any community, but do seriously consider what you get in return: A very engaged community support team that responds to issues on your site rapidly and earnestly. Wikia staff read our talk page messages on all wikis and if you ever contact us with the Special:Contact link, we aim for a turn around reply time of 24 hours (and we match that 85-90% of the time).
- Independant wikis move to Wikia once they get big, because they can't afford hosting and the original person paying wanders off or something. While some big wikis have left lately, many have joined Wikia (such as Lyric Wiki or Website Wiki) for this reason
- I think this is one of the best designed wikis out there with a beautiful background. I can't change everyone's opinions about the new skin, but I think it has allowed for some improvements many people ignore when looking at what they feel are the negatives.
So Wikia will and does respect the opinion of this community. If you still think that forking is the right option, then we will be genuinely sad to see you go. I hope the time I have spent merely crafting this reply shows that we are passionate about keeping wikis happy and even though our decisions may not be always popular, we do genuinely care.
Also as a reminder, the community here may continue to operate even if a good part of the community does decide to fork. There are many fans out there that have a passion for Dead Rising and we want to make sure Wikia gives them the best possible wiki on the subject at hand.
- Hi guys, this is User:anno1404. I have watched this discussion from afar with interest, and I planned not to comment at all. But the wikia staff getting involved changed things. I am not going to go into much on whether this is a good or bad thing to move, that is for this community to decide.
- The Purges
- I want to give you a little background on how much the wikia staff, which owns the future of this site, cares about their veteran editors and the poisonous atmosphere they have created. If you have heard what I am about to say before, I apologize. Wikias are extremely fragmented which makes it difficult for non-staff to communicate, so many of you probably haven't heard all of this.
- The largest wikia leaves wikia
- Two days before the new oasis skin was coming out, Jimbo Wales stated proudly to a newspaper that "World of Warcraft is probably the biggest (wikia)"
- Around this time, almost all of the editors of this biggest Wikia left Wikia, this was despite a desperate staff member giving World of Warcraft exemptions to the skin. Exceptions which the wikia staff refused to give to anyone else.
- The wikia staff then desysopped ten World of Warcraft administrators
- daNASCAT's purge
- In all at least 38 administrators have been desysopped, at least 10 editors who spoke out about the skin, including me, have been banned.
- daNASCAT (the staff member above) himself was involved in one of the wikia purges. He desysoped eight Micronations wikia administrators, quote "Old Admin team has left; clearing way for new team."
- Oasis is not the last forced "improvement"
- Oasis is not the last "improvement" nor is it the last skin. The "related pages and categories" boxes, introduced on November 30th with the same amount of scorn, is the latest change (although unlike oasis, communities can opt out of this).
- Hard but worthwhile transition in the longterm
- It is hard going out on your own. I think both Frank/Jax and I will be the first to acknowledge that it will take time to build up the site they way the community wants. I have spent dozens of hours to get the site where it is now, and there is still so much more to do. That said, it is liberating to know that the community I help build will be able to make all the decisions. If we as a community want to change anything, anything we can.
- Here is a comprehensive list of pros and cons of leaving wikia, by one of the ten World of Warcraft desysopped administrators:
- Ask one of the 48 veteran editors
- I probably will not be able to answer any questions or follow, because I will be indefinitely banned again, you can visit me at AWA though and we can chat or you can email me.
- But if you have any doubt at all about how much daNASCAT and the staff care about editors and the will of the community, don't talk to me. Ask one of the 48 veteran editors, including the former admins of the largest wikia, whose wikia contributions total in the hundreds of thousands before all 48 were banned or desysopped, how much the Wikia staff really listened to their community's concerns.
- Ask one of those eight admins of Micronations wikia how much daNASCAT cares about their community's opinion.
- Best wishes. Worthlesspaul 09:13, December 16, 2010 (UTC)
1) A very engaged community support team that responds to issues on your site rapidly and earnestly As long as you use mediawiki use can still ask for help on #mediawiki channel.
3) As long as you on wikia your wiki will use MW 1.15.5 which limits you in the extensions you can request to be installed.
4) So Wikia will and does respect the opinion of this community HOW DARE YOU TO LIE???? Staff have screwed the wikis!! No way you were listening to the complains: You have introduced th Oasis and made in mandatory for the wikias. You say you cared about the opnions? HELL NO! http://community.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Sannse/Try_out_the_new_look - hundreds of replies AGAINST the Oasis but you haven`t changed your opinion about whether to apply it. Now you dare say you have the respect? Shame on you! Cowards! AWAMember 17:56, 16 December 2010 (UTC)
All pages as of late November. To back up this wiki at Special:Export
Animal Crossing City Anti-Wikia Alliance Anti-Wikia Alliance/comments Anti-Wikia Alliance/list of wikias moving Attacks Buy out Buy outs Customising Oasis Declaration of Independence Forum:Anti-Wikia Alliance Forum:Anti-Wikia Alliance/comments Forum:Anti-Wikia Alliance/declaration of independence Forum:Anti-Wikia Alliance/linkdatabase HELP Help InterWiki.txt Link Database List of wikias moving Localsetings.php Main Page Monaco skin Moved Moved wikis Moving Retaliation WHY Why we left Wikia v Shoutwiki Wikia vs Shoutwiki Wikisimpsons Talk:Anti-Wikia Alliance Talk:Anti-Wikia Alliance/list of wikias moving Talk:Declaration of Independence Talk:Help Talk:Link Database Talk:List of wikias moving Talk:Main Page Talk:Moved wikis Talk:Retaliation Talk:Why we left User talk:Artimas Hunter User talk:CartoonistHenning User talk:Ciencia Al Poder User talk:Escyos User talk:FortMax User talk:Frank-West User talk:J. James Beaudoin User talk:Jax-Kenobi User talk:Jazon Naparleon User talk:Kajalamorth User talk:Power to the People! User talk:Samson User talk:Skizzerz User talk:Smiley12 User talk:Solar Dragon User talk:Teyandee User talk:Tjr Template:Banned Template:CompactTOC8 Template:Deleted Template:Documentation Template:Forum:Anti-Wikia Alliance/template Template:Jim1 Template:Leadership Template:Main Template:Moving TOC Template:Nav Template:Nav2 Template:Navbar Template:Navbar/doc Template:PD Template:Reflist Template:Reverted Template:Talkback Template:Tally
redirected Wikia Monaco help pages
Monaco help files which a wikia staff member redirected on wikia, also found here:
Help:Wikiquette Help:Wikia tour Help:Wikimedia Help:Wikia custom skins Help:Wikia analogies Help:Wiki configuration Help:Wiki Help:WidgetTag/parameters Help:WidgetTag Help:Widget Dashboard Help:Widgets Help:Why use Wikia Help:Videos/Scripts Help:What Wikia is not Help:Video demos/Scripts Help:Uses of a wiki Help:Video demos Help:UserTips Help:Userboxes extension Help:User Tips Help:Userboxes Help:User Profiles Help:User profiles Help:User masthead Help:User Levels Help:User levels Help:User badges Help:User badge Help:User account Help:Uploading files Help:Upload Help:Uploading images Help:Unified Login Help:Tutorial 6 Help:Tutorial 5 Help:Tutorial 4 Help:Tutorial 3 Help:Tutorial 2 Help:Tutorial Help:Tutorial 1 Help:Transclusion Help:Tools Help:Toolbox Help:Title for the wiki Help:Tips Help:Template documentation Help:StringFunctions Help:Spellcheck Help:Spam filter Help:Spam cleanup script Help:Soft redirect Help:SMW Help:Sitenotice Help:Skin chooser Help:Sitename Help:Site Scout Help:Simplified ruleset Help:Sidebar Help:Sidebar (Monobook) Help:Semantic MediaWiki/Tips and tricks Help:Semantic MediaWiki Help:Seed posting Help:Search suggest Help:Rich text editor Help:Related changes Help:Ratings Help:RegexBlock Help:Range block Help:Range blocks Help:Random page in a category Help:Profile tools Help:Report a problem Help:Problem Reports Help:Poem Help:Piped link Help:Piped links Help:Pipe trick Help:Picture games Help:PhpBB forums Help:Phalanx Help:Page ratings Help:Page for tab 3 Help:Page for tab 2 Help:Page for tab 1 Help:Overlapping text Help:Overlapping sidebar Help:Newest Pages Help:New page/more Help:New features Help:Navbox Help:My Home Help:Name for the wiki Help:Monaco Sidebar Help:Monaco Help:Modifying text Help:Minor edits Help:Minor edit Help:Message board forums Help:Math Help:MediaWiki namespace Help:Main page column tags Help:MapLib N Help:Magazine Creator Help:Mailing lists Help:Log In via AJAX Help:Log in via AJAX Help:Log in problems Help:Live preview Help:ListPages Help:License selector Help:List of shared templates Help:Jobqueue Help:Languages Help:Invite Friends Help:Job queue Help:Invite friends Help:Interwiki map Help:Inputbox Random Tag Help:Inputbox/random tag Help:Inline queries Help:Import free images Help:Images and Video extension Help:Image placeholder Help:Images and Video Help:Image description page Help:Image copyright tag Help:Image copyright tags Help:Hot Links Help:Hubs FAQ Help:Hidden URL field Help:Global blocks Help:Gadgets Help:Gifts Help:Free content Help:Formatting pages Help:Formatting Help:Features FAQ Help:WYSIWYG editor Help:Rich Text Editor Help:Features Help:RTE Help:New editor Help:FCK Help:Facebook Connect Help:Facebook ads on Wikia Help:External links Help:Externally hosted images Help:External link Help:External image whitelist Help:External editors Help:Examples of customized Monaco skins Help:Examples of customized Monobook skins Help:Enotif Help:Embeddable Comments Help:Enhanced recent changes N Help:Embeddable comments Help:Editing preferences Help:Email notification Help:Edit toolbar Help:Edit summary Help:Edit Page Enhancements Help:Edit count Help:Edit page enhancements Help:Edit conflict Help:Domain name Help:Disambiguation Help:Disclaimer Help:Displaying images Help:Disambiguations Help:Disambig Help:CVN Help:Dead-end street Help:Customizing skins Help:Customizing my home Help:Customizing MyHome Help:Customizing Monaco/Theme colors Help:Customizing Monobook Help:Customizing Monaco/skin Help:Customizing Monaco/navigation Help:Customizing monaco Help:Customizing Monaco/Dark skin Help:Customizing Monaco/Header image colors Help:Customizing header Help:Customizing Monaco Help:Customizing Colors Help:Custom footer Help:Customizing colors Help:Cross wiki user blocks Help:Custom edit buttons Help:CreatePlates/example Help:Creating templates Help:CreatePlate Help:CreatePlates Help:CreatePage example Help:Comparison of skin features Help:Community portal Help:Community Central Wikia Help:Common mistakes Help:Colour Help:Colours Help:Colors Help:Color Help:Changing the style of interwiki links Help:CharInsert Help:Category tagging Help:CategorySelect Help:Buttons and banners Help:Calendar Help:ButtonFactory Help:Breadcrumbs Help:Blue Help:Background Image Help:Basic actions Help:Blogs (Halopedia) Help:Awards Help:Avatars Help:Automatic edit summaries Help:Automatic conversion of wikitext Help:Archive Help:Archiving talk pages Help:Add Images Help:Admin FAQ Help:Photos Help:AbuseFilter Help:Add Babel templates
Diannaa you are a tin pot dictator
Deleting my words does not change that fact. When I have the time I am going to create a wiki about you. A darker version of "Push it forward", because this is the only language that bullies, tin pot dictators like you understand. It will be about how your corrupt missionary zeal to stamp out copyright is actually high class trolling.
The Charms of Wikipedia - Nicholson Baker https://www.nybooks.com/articles/2008/03/20/the-charms-of-wikipedia/
Internet Trolls Are Narcissists, Psychopaths, and Sadists https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/blog/your-online-secrets/201409/internet-trolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists
History will judge you and your ilk - including Jimmy Wales now - badly for what you collectively did to people like Aaron Swartz. https://gist.github.com/usmanity/4522840 Indeed, the tide is turning quickly against you, you are just to isolated in your house of cards, the 1000 cliquish admins and most elite editors, to see it.
Full image of conversation: https://imgur.com/a/yYbC9n9
article stub created:
The Anti-Wikia Alliance is a group created in response to Wikia changes to its skin to allow for more advertising.