Reasons why I hate Wikia
From the group that combats the Wikia skin, the Anti-Wikia alliance.
- The users are ignorant scumbags who think they know everything when in reality they can barely tie their own shoes, let alone admin a site, plus most of them are jerks who won't listen to you especially when it comes to forking
- The skin is ugly and buggy
- Staff make money off your edits
- Message walls
- They won't delete wikis you've created
Ciencia Al Poder
- You can't customize the skin, all wikis have the same look
- There are lots, lots, LOTS of ads
- The site is slow as hell
- They won't delete wikis you've created
- Staff forces useless or damaging features to wikis even if community opposes
- Staff forces the use of Portable Infoboxes even if community opposes
- Staff gives lame responses when you ask technical questions
- None of the previous points (except not deleting the wiki) were true when I started editing
- They won´t let you advertise other Wiki websites.
- The staff became SJWs.
- Its easy to edit
- Bascially, I don't why people in this wiki are complaining about the skin. But, there are bad things about FANDOM and I know it. It's not the skin, FANDOM actually became SJW themselves thanks to PKMNLivesNew.
- They'll block anyone who says the word, "SJW" on their Community Central platform. So, it's not safe to talk there, anymore.
- Too many ads containing with SJW articles that are very idiotic.
- Where's the special pages tab?
- Mirahaze and maybe other MediaWikis websites are way better than FANDOM due to more control.
- Once again, I was blocked, forever, for a third time by saying the word, "SJW", which violates FANDOM's Term of Use even though it says nothing about the word, "SJW". I suspect that they blocked me for personal reasons.
- Too many ads.
- Many toxic users on the website.
- Ancient Software : They use Mediawiki 1.19 , 6 and 1/2 years old. That's the least of the problems.
- They block people for saying words that are not even inappropriate.
- Atrocious blogs : Most of them you would find on horrible websites like Buzzfeed. The game reviews are godawful too.
- They're extremely greedy. They bought Curse Media just for ad revenue and the Reception Wikis got closed down because of some "policy" which states that no negative or critical content cuz someone may sue them for ad revenue. That policy was made by an idiot.
- Some of the internet trolls don't get blocked at all.
- The term "SJW" is forbidden.
- Discussions and message walls in some wikis can be chaotic, yet toxic.
- People in some wikis don't respect opinions at all.
- It's still full of mean people, corrupted admins, and social justice agenda.
- It is more restrictive than Miraheze.
- You cannot change your email address.
I still use it only on rare occasions, though I have stopped hosting the majority of my wikis there. These are my own reasons.
- I was (quite unfairly might I say) infamous for being the creator of the Thunder Series wiki which fell victim to vandalism and edit wars and deleted it for that reason. The wiki has since been moved to Shout Wiki with better protection measures in place.
- As an ex-editor of the Ginga Wiki, I am proud to be an ex-editor. The administrators had attacked me for simply having an opinion and for once having an ED article, the founder accused me of lying when I showed a screenshot of what one of the other administrators had done regarding my existence. Sadly, many other former editors will tell you that this kind of behavior is to be expected from them.
- I got mocked for making a wiki about "myself" even though I wasn't even mentioned anywhere in the wiki, it was a wiki about my story. Keep in mind many creators have made wikis about their own stories. I had since discovered that clowning on people for such a stupid reason is very common.
- Raids. So, so many raids.
- One of my favorite wikis was the Pokemon Essentials wiki which had gotten closed down by the Fandom staff in regards to Nintendo going crazy over the fact that they have fans supporting them and increasing their playerbase by making fan games. While the Essentials wiki has since moved to a new address, the response from Nintendo was very unprofessional. Fans only wanted to support them and all Nintendo did was drive them away.
- Depending on who the founder of a wiki may be or how well they can handle criticism, you can get banned for life from a wiki for no reason whatsoever. One example of this is the Five Nights at Wario's wiki.
- Encyclopedia Dramatica clones. Enough said!
- It is pretty easy to edit.
- Some of the good wikis.
- PKMNLivesNew has eventually got globally blocked on January 2019.